Steak night is one of those meals that feels special without requiring a complicated recipe. Whether you’re cooking for a weeknight dinner, a date night at home, or a family gathering, these steak recipes make it easy to get a delicious meal on the table. I’ve compiled all my favorite steak recipes in one place, with simple, approachable options that use everyday kitchen utensils and ingredients.

A Steak for Every Occasion
Though some may consider steak a special-occasion meal, I think it deserves a place on the table any day of the week. From flank and strip steak to sirloin and filet mignon, there are so many delicious ways to enjoy it. These steak recipes make it easy to work steak into your breakfast, lunch, or dinner, whether you’re craving steak and eggs in the morning, topping a lunchtime salad with sliced steak, or treating yourself to a filet mignon dinner for date night.
Tips For Cooking A Successful Steak
- Use a meat thermometer. Using a meat thermometer takes the guesswork out of determining whether your steak is done. Here is a guide to the internal temperatures based on how you like your steak prepared:
- Rare steak: 125-130°F
- Medium-rare: 130-140°F
- Medium: 140-150°F
- Medium-well: 150-160°F
- Well-done: 160-165°F
- Let the meat rest once cooked. I find that letting the meat rest for just a few minutes allows for the redistribution of the juices so the meat is nice and juicy.
- Slice against the grain. Find which direction the lines in the meat are running. Slice across those, rather than with them, to make the steak more tender and easier to chew.
Classic Ways To Cook Steak
While there are countless ways I like to prepare steak, I always come back to the simple, tried-and-true classics that allow the flavor of the meat to shine through. No matter the cut, you’ll end up with tender, juicy, flavorful meat you can really sink your teeth into.
1. Oven Baked Steak

Oven Baked Steak
I cook this oven baked steak with melted butter and thyme, so it turns out moist and super tender. Best of all, I only need 5 ingredients and less than 30 minutes for a true restaurant-quality meal I can make at home. I love making this steak for special occasions.
2. Restaurant Style Steak

Restaurant Style Steak
For this restaurant style steak, I first sear the filet mignon and then let it finish cooking in the oven with the cilantro steak butter. This melt-in-your-mouth recipe is worth every penny and less expensive than eating in a restaurant.
3. Filet Mignon

Filet Mignon
I used to be intimidated to cook filet mignon at home because it can be so pricey. But now that I’ve mastered this recipe, I am much more confident. I sear filet mignon over high heat, then finish it in the oven, slathered with fresh garlic, thyme, and butter.
4. Ribeye Steak

For this ribeye steak, I pan-sear it in a cast-iron pan with compound butter. That’s all it takes! Once it’s seared on both sides, I let it rest for a few minutes so the juices redistribute. The result is a juicy and flavorful steak!
5. Denver Steak

Denver Steak
Denver steak is an affordable cut with beautiful marbling that cooks up soft, juicy, and tender. I only need a few simple seasonings to turn this steak into a delicious meal.
6. New York Strip Steak

New York Strip Steak
For this New York strip steak, I marinate the meat in oil, garlic, and rosemary, then pan-sear it and finally bake it until cooked through and ready to top with the sweet and savory balsamic glaze.
7. Rosemary Steak

Rosemary Steak
This rosemary steak is a date-night favorite. It requires seasoning the meat with a simple combination of butter, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and salt and pepper, searing it for a few minutes on each side, and then letting it simmer in cooking sherry. Once it’s done, I mix cream with the sherry and pour it over the steak for a scrumptious romantic meal.
8. Sous Vide Steak

Sous Vide Steak
Sous vide steak never disappoints. I season the New York strip steak with the usual mix of butter and seasonings and then let it cook in the sous vide until it’s juicy and tender. And then a quick sear in the pan creates a beautiful brown crust on the outside.
My Favorite Steaks To Grill
There’s just something about grilled steak that gets me every time; it’s just so delicious. The beautifully crisp and charred outside, paired with the juicy inside that comes from flame-cooking the steak, is definitely unbeatable.
9. Grilled Flank Steak with Cilantro Lime Butter

Grilled Flank Steak with Cilantro Lime Butter
These grilled flank steaks with cilantro lime butter come together quickly and easily. After a quick cook on the grill, I let the pats of cilantro lime butter melt into the meat so it’s juicy, tender, and super flavorful.
10. Steak Fajitas

Steak Fajitas
Grilled steak is a must when I make steak fajitas. Marinated until it’s bursting with flavor, I sear the meat in a cast iron pan before I combine it with the roasted vegetables. I’ve made sure to include stovetop, gas grilling, and flame grilling options in this post so you’re covered no matter how you decide to prepare it. I love serving the steak with warm tortillas, guacamole, and a variety of other Mexican sides.
11. Carne Asada Steak

Carne Asada Steak
Carne asada steak features marinated strips of beef that are cooked over a cast iron grill until they are gorgeously charred. Drizzled with lime juice, I serve them topped with salsa, avocado, onion, queso, and a side of tortillas.
Easy Steak Dinners
When I’m craving a hearty steak meal but don’t have loads of time to prepare, these easy steak dinners are my go-to. Quick to prep and not too long to cook, most of these recipes either include vegetables, lobster, or eggs, so my plate is loaded with variety.
12. Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes

Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes
In this garlic butter steak and potatoes recipe, I cook cubed potatoes in butter, garlic, and herbs, and then cook the steak bites in the same pan. With just 10 minutes of prep time and 10 minutes of cook time, this recipe can’t be beat for ease of preparation and taste.
13. Steak and Broccoli

Steak and Broccoli
This steak and broccoli recipe features tender strips of marinated sirloin and fresh broccoli florets that I cook in one pan in about 10 minutes. I like to serve it over rice for a filling and delicious meal.
14. Surf and Turf

Surf and Turf (Steak and Lobster) Recipe
If you thought you could only eat surf and turf in a restaurant, you’ll be happy to know that you can easily prepare this meal at home. For this recipe, I bake the lobster shells with a homemade compound butter while I sear and then bake the steak. Perfect for a date night in.
15. Steak and Eggs

Steak and Eggs
These steak and eggs come together with just a few ingredients, a few quick steps, and one skillet. I love serving this recipe for breakfast or brunch, though in a pinch, I’d also whip it up for a quick and hearty dinner.
16. Pepper Steak

Pepper Steak
This pepper steak recipe has all my favorite Chinese stir-fry flavors with thin strips of tender beef, sliced onions, and bell peppers, which are coated in a savory sauce I make with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and more. Served over rice with a sprinkling of green onions and sesame seeds, it beats takeout every time.
17. Garlic Butter Steak Bites

Garlic Butter Steak Bites
These garlic butter steak bites couldn’t be easier to prepare. With a handful of pantry and fridge staples, I can get this hearty steak dinner on the table in about 30 minutes, which is ideal for a busy weeknight. Served with a side of veggies or over a green salad, these steak bites are always the star of the plate.
Pure Comfort Food
When you’re craving pure comfort food, steak isn’t always top of mind, but once you make these recipes, you’ll understand: slathered in gravy, doused in a rich sauce, simmered in the pot with veggies, or simmered low and slow into a rich and hearty broth. These cozy, comforting steak recipes should be at the top of your list when the cold weather hits.
18. Cube Steak

Cube Steak Recipe
This cube steak recipe is the ideal option when I’m looking to save a few pennies but still want a hearty and indulgent meal. Cube steak topped with a rich and flavorful gravy loaded with caramelized onions is one meal that does not disappoint.
19. Chicken Fried Steak

Chicken Fried Steak
Chicken fried steak is a Southern favorite that features breaded and fried steak topped with a homemade gravy. It defines comfort food! Crispy, hearty, and rich, served with a side of mashed potatoes and greens, it’s one of my favorites.
20. Swiss Steak

Swiss Steak
This one-pan Swiss steak is pan-seared and then cooked low and slow along with a variety of veggies in a tomato-based broth. The meat turns out melt-in-your-mouth soft, and you get a mouthful of tender veggies with each forkful.
21. Salisbury Steak

Salisbury Steak Recipe
This all-American Salisbury steak recipe features ground beef patties that I pan-fry and then slather in a rich mushroom-based gravy for the ultimate umami flavor.
22. Steak Soup

Steak Soup Recipe
For this steak soup, I brown both the steak and the ground chuck for a deep, savory flavor before simmering them low and slow along with a variety of fresh veggies. I like to let this soup sit or even prepare it a day before I want to serve it so the flavors can intensify.
Seasonings and Marinades
I’m all for ease and convenience, and store-bought seasonings and marinades can be very convenient, but to me, nothing beats the flavor of homemade. Homemade allows me to use clean, fresh ingredients without any fillers or ingredients I can’t pronounce, and it allows me to customize to my preference whether it be no salt, low salt, more spice or less spice.
23. Steak Seasoning

Steak Seasoning
This steak seasoning is made with a few basic pantry staples but tastes anything but basic. When I’m looking for a simple, clean way to flavor my meat, I’ll pull out this seasoning. I always have a big batch on hand.
24. Steak Marinade

Steak Marinade Recipe
This tangy and flavorful steak marinade comes together with a handful of pantry staples and takes any steak recipe over the top. If I can, I like to marinate my meat overnight for the best flavor, though just a few hours will suffice.
With all these different ways to make steak, you’ll be hard-pressed to make the same recipe twice. From date-night, restaurant-quality options to everyday feed-my-family options, there’s a steak recipe for every occasion.
More Round Up Recipes
The post 24 Juicy Steak Recipes for Every Occasion appeared first on The Cookie Rookie®.




0 Commentaires